Many of us are using the useful possibility of typing our search queries directly in the address bar. On Internet Explorer this will result in sending your search to Bing. If you would prefer to have your queries sent to Google instead, here is how:
- First, go on Desktop Mode and open Internet Explorer. On the top-right of the window, open the Options menu and choose “Internet Options”.
- Choose the “Programs” tab and click on “Manage add-ons”.
- Choose “Search Providers” on the left and click on “find more search providers…” at the bottom of the screen.
- In the “Most Popular” section, select “Google Search” and click on “Add to Internet Explorer”.
- Back to the “Manage add-ons” screen, choose Google Search, make sure the “Search in address bar” option is ticked, and click on “Set as default”.